Special in The Main Resource
A comprehensive compilation
of educational and scientific meetings
for mental health professionals.
To return to this directory, please select wherever there's a highlighted
Q-T Interval Prolongation
Psychotropic medication rarely causes arrythmia-related death,
yet attention to Q-T prolongation is warranted for certain drugs.
A computerized EKG interpretation may miss such ominous patterns
as an increase >60 ms or QTC>500 ms
with an abnormally shaped T-wave or a U-wave.
Culture, Ethnicity and Transcultural Psychiatry
- The Australian
Transcultural Mental Health Network [ATMHN]
seeks to improve the quality and accessibility of mental health services available
to Australia's immigrant communities through the establishment of a
national agenda in transcultural mental health research; professional and community education and service development; and its national information
and clearinghouse service.
Information is provided on research, International Society for the Prevention
of Child Abuse and Neglect, professional development,
community education and network members.
State and national policy documents in full text are available.
The site includes links to medicine, psychiatry, migration, refugees,
cross-cultural studies, ethnic health, and Australian institutions.
- The EthnoMed
site contains information about cultural beliefs, medical issues and other
related issues pertinent to the health care of recent immigrants to Seattle, Washington,
USA, many of whom are refugees fleeing war-torn parts of the world.
- Transcultural Mental Health On-Line.
- Transcultural and Multicultural Health Links
offers a comprehensive list of pointers.
- The Victorian Transcultural Psychiatry Unit [VTPU] is one of the
leading research units investigating immigration, ethnicity and mental illness.
Managed Health Care
Free or Low-Cost Medication
- NeedyMeds.com, a non-profit information organization.
- Directory of Prescription Drug Patient Assistance
Programs, sponsored by the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America [PhRMA].
- RxAssist provides health care providers with information on
accessing pharmaceutical manufacturers' patient assistance programs, and includes necessary forms and letters
- Medicare directory of Prescription Drug
- RxHope, an advocacy group supported by the Pharmaceutical and
Research Manufacturers of America [PhRMA]
New Jersey Resources
- Online Recovery, a directory of online support, self-help and
- Sober Recovery, a large commercial compilation of
recovery sites, detox facilities, treatment centers, etc.
Myron Pulier's home page.
This page last modified
2013-05-02 09:31:30 UTC
by Myron Pulier, MD, who welcomes feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org .
COPYRIGHT © 2013, with the Right to Copy extended to visitors as follows: anyone has the moral right to
share this material provided that:
- Authorship is properly credited;
- The conceptual integrity of the content is respected; and
- Any and all remunerative use is preceded by a negotiated written agreement
with the author.
No liability for the implications or consequences of its use may be attributed to the author.